Saturday, March 3, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip

This dip is addictive!

Ingredients:
16 oz. softened, cream cheese (I use the 1/3 less fat)
1 c. Miracle Whip (the original recipe calls for mayo)
4-7 oz diced green chilis (depending how you like it - I prefer more)
2-5 oz. diced, jalapeno peppers (depending on how you like the heat - I love the spice!)
1 c. shredded, cheddar cheese
6 slices crumbled bacon
1 c. Panko bread crumbs
1/2 c. shredded, Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Mix cream cheese and Miracle Whip together.  I blend them in my Kitchen Aid to get the most consistent mixture.
Using a scraper (or a spoon) add the green chilies, jalapenos, bacon, and cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture.
I use my square, stoneware baking dish for this recipe; however, if you don't have stoneware, spray an 8 or 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.  Spread the mixture into the dish.
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Spread bread crumb mixture over the top of the dip.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes - until the dip is hot and the bread crumbs have begun to brown.
Serve with crackers or sliced baguette bread and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment