Friday, March 30, 2012

Egg and Sausage Braid

We love breakfast for dinner and we love crescent rolls!  This recipe deliciously combines both!


Ingredients:
1 lb. sausage (I like to buy unseasoned, so I can season it myself.)
1 onion
cheese (I used american cheese)
Cholula (the best hot sauce EVER!)
1 package Crescent Rolls (I use reduced fat)

Directions:
Start cooking sausage in a large skillet.
Dice onion and add to sausage.
Add seasoning if you bought unseasoned sausage.  I use a mixture of black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder to taste.)
Cook until the onion is tender and the sausage is cook through. Remove from heat.
Lay* crescent rolls out on a baking sheet (I use a stoneware baking sheet)
*I have found that it works best to unroll the crescent roll in a long sheet and then press all of the seams together to create a large area.  After the filling is placed down the center, use a knife to slice "tabs" to pull up and "tie" on top of the braid.  This method has given me the most room for filling :)
After your crescent roll is laid out, place a layer of cheese on top of it.
Next, spoon your filling along the center on top of the cheese.
Top with more Cholula and cheese.
Fold your crescent roll "tabs" up and press together.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy!  As always, please leave your comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment