Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Apple Ring Fun-And Yum

Being a homeschool mom of 4 growing kiddos all day long I hear, "MOM, I'M HUNGRY!"  
Today I thought I would share our favorite after school snack-Apple Rings.
What you will need:
Your favorite type of chilled apple(we use Fuji)
Apple corer
Peanut Butter/ Nutella
Toppings
Napkins 
Some of our favorite toppings include:
Raisins
chocolate chips or other flavored chips
sprinkles
marshmallows
graham cracker or granola crumbles
As you can see my son Dillon loves the marshmallows!

Being the person who makes the least amount of mess, I always am the one who spreads the peanut butter or nutella on the apple before letting the kiddos decorate their own edible masterpiece.  ENJOY!

***Evan tidbit and shopping tip***
If something can have sprinkles, it should have sprinkles!
Sprinkles can be very expensive, especially holiday themed ones.  I have found that my boxed grocery store carries bulk sprinkles, even holiday ones leftover from the doughnut decorating and sells them about 90% cheaper than they would normally be.  Often times if the store does not have them on a shelf for sale, they will package some for you.  The bakery will often times do this for all their special baking goods like cake fillings.  So check it out!  I have a tub entirely devoted to sprinkles from the boxed store-time to join a 12 step program :)

No comments:

Post a Comment