Monday, December 5, 2011

Dipped Snowflake Cookies

I saw these cookies on Pinterest (The Decorated Cookie) and decided that this would be a great project for my kids!  She used the white fudge covered Oreos from the store, and she also used frosting for decorating.  I decided that I wanted to use white chocolate to cover my Oreos and use candy melt for the decoration - partially because I wanted the decoration to harden on the cookie and partially because these were the ingredients I had in my house!


First, collect your ingredients:
1 bag Oreos
1 bag white chocolate morsals
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup candy melt (any color)
decorating bag (or a zip loc)
wax paper

Pour the bag of white chocolate morsels into a microwaveable bowl.  Add oil.  Stir and microwave for 1 minute.  Stir.  Microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
Drop Oreos into melted chocolate.  Use a fork to remove from chocolate and place on wax paper to cool.
Once chocolate has cooled and hardened, place candy melts into decorating bag (or a ziploc) and microwave 10-15 seconds at a time until melted completely.  Take bag out and smoosh (a technical cooking term) the candy melt to mix it up between intervals.
Then decorate away!


No comments:

Post a Comment