Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Juice Top Ornaments

My kiddos really enjoy giving gifts at Christmas time.  With such large family the gift expenses can get a bit out of hand pretty fast!  Last year I gathered up my kids and all my nephews and niece for a holiday craft that they could gift to their grandparents.  Juice top ornaments are a fun and easy-not to mention affordable gift that adds a personal touch to that special loved one's  holiday decor.   Here is what you need:
1. An image-this can be personal photograph, pretty scrap booking paper-really anything
2. Terrifically Tacky Tape-this comes in a role or in sheets.  Either one works for this craft.
3.  A juice top
4.  Ribbon
5.  Clear Micro Beads-I use Martha Stewart luster glass micro beads from Michael's
6.  Ornament hanger-purchased a pack of 20 at Target
7.  Glue-rubber cement works best
8.  Scissors
Once you pick out your image trace the juice top around it to get the right size
Set your Tacky Tape on top of you image leaving the protective layer on.  Today I used the role tape so I had to set three lines of tape on my image.
Cut out your image.
Glue your image onto the juice top.
After a few moments your image will be set.  Take off the protective layer careful not to touch the image.
Sprinkle Micro Beads on top of image. 
Spread the Micro Beads over the entire surface.  Pour off extra beads back into original container.
One option is to cut out a card stock piece to glue on the back.  This adds a nice finishing touch.  This particular ornament reads, "Owl Be Home For Christmas"
Punch a nail hole into the top of your ornament big enough for your hanger to fit through.
Add some ribbon-wired works best, and hang on the tree! 
Very Fun!!

1 comment:

  1. These are really cute. Evan and the kids made me some last year with the kids pictures on them and they are really special to me.

    ReplyDelete