Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What's For Dinner?

Today I had great expectations for my dinner plans.  But sweet baby Finn is sick.  So I spent most of my day with him in my arms.  As the dinner hour quickly approached I realized my big plans just were not going to come to fruition.  Oh well!  As I visually perused the fridge with Finn still in my arms I remembered the crescent rolls I bought at Costco last week.   YAY!!!  Ten minutes later dinner was in the oven.  Twenty minutes after that my lovely dish was being plated and Kurt was commenting on the wonderful arromas coming from our kitchen.  Success!  And before he even took one bite.  I love my husband dearly!  So what did I whip up in a jiffy?

I think I'm going to call it Sounthwest Yummy!  I know real original right!?!  All I know is that is was simple and good!


Southwest Yummy

2 tubes of crescent rolls
1 can refried beans
3 cups cooked and cubed or shredded chicken
taco seasoning
2-3 cups cheddar cheese

Cook chicken.  I use a George Forman grill to do this.
Place cooked chicken in saucepan.  Add taco seasoning and about 3/4 cups water.  I can't give you a specific amount of seaoning to add because my family like spicy so you need to add to your taste.  Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes.  Once seasoned remove from heat and add cheese.  Meanwhile arrange your crescent rolls on your baking sheet in a braid or wreath pattern.  Place a layer or refried beans followed by chicken and cheese mixture. Finish off braid or wreath pattern and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes

Garnish
tomatoe
lettuce
sour cream
olives
or whatever else you like on your tacos
ENJOY!

Great served with guacamole, southwest chip dip or salsa
Now don't forget your umbrella drink!  They always make me feel special & festive!

No comments:

Post a Comment