Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sausage Braid

Yesterday was Wednesday and that means breakfast night at the Westra house.  My parents watched the kiddos last night while the hubs and I were out for the evening.  Along with pancakes topped with mixed berries I made them one of our family favorites.  I'm not quite sure where this recipe comes from-perhaps pampered chef?  Either way it is YUMMY! So here is what you need:
12 oz pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic cloves minced(I use my garlic press instead)
1 package 4 oz cream cheese cubed
2 TBSP. minced parsley
1 tube refrigerator crescent rolls
1 egg lightly beaten
NOTE:  Because I have a large family I always double this recipe.
 In skillet over medium heat cook sausage, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is cooked through.  Drain.  Add cream cheese and parsley.  Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
 Lay out crescent rolls onto greased baking sheet.  Place the sausage mixture on top and start folding over your braid.  Brush dough with beaten egg.
 Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Enjoy!

3 comments: