Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Best Taco Salad Ever!

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?
Mama Heather and her family that's who!  Last night we had the Wood family over for taco salad.  Seriously this is the best taco salad dressing I have ever eaten!  Now I can't take credit for this recipe but I will happily pass it along to all of you.  An amazing mother of five named Mama V. graciously passed her recipe to me after one of our church potlucks.  She told me this is how all the people in Michigan make taco salad.  I'm not sure if that is true or not.  All I know is she lost me as soon as she mentioned Doritos.  Yes this taco salad has Doritos in it!  YUMMY!


Taco Salad

Salad Dressing: 8 oz Thousand Island Dressing
1 TBSP Taco Seasoning
1/3 Cup Sugar

Mix together and set in fridge for a couple of hours.  I always double this dressing recipe because I have a large family causing me to make a pretty big salad.

Evan's Taco Salad Ingredients:
The amount of each ingredient varies by how many portions you are preparing

Lettuce or salad mix
Tomatoes
Cheddar Cheese
Kidney Beans
1 lb hamburger browned and drained.  Add taco seasoning to the meat and let cool till warm.
Tortilla Chips Or Doritos broken into pieces
Prepared Salad Dressing

Mix it all up and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This truely is a wonderful salad any time, not just in summer. Nom, nom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me crave taco salad. One of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete