Friday, June 8, 2012

Avocado Parmesan Chicken

This recipe is inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest from ellenaguan.blogspot.com
When preparing for the first time I immediately made quite a few changes to suit my taste.  Here is my version.
Ingredients to feed family of 6 with leftovers:
12-14 boneless chicken breast tenders.  If you are using the bigger chicken breast you will only need 6-8 and you will need to use a meat pounder to thin them down. 
1 package Ritz crackers crumbled
3/4-1 cup Parmesan cheese
2 eggs beaten
2 avocados
onion salt
Marinara Sauce
Cheese(can be Mozzarella, Cheddar, or combo of both)

 Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.  Combine cracker crumbs and Parmesan cheese in medium bowl.  Dip Chicken in egg followed by cracker mixer  then place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Place in oven cooking for 17 minutes.
 Meanwhile slice avocados and sprinkle with onion salt.
 Remove chicken from oven.  Spoon Marinara sauce over the chicken breasts followed by avocado slices.  Finally top off with cheese.  Continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes.  Remove from oven and serve.
I served mine with a side of rice along with a Romain salad topped with fresh green onions and strawberries. 

Note:  I am a busy mom of 4 and sometimes I don't have time to do all these steps.  I have made this dish using the Panko breaded chicken tenders that I purchased from the freezer section at Costco.  Just make sure you adjust your oven temp and cooking times according to the package. This is a great option if you find yourself in a bind for time but still want more of a gourmet dinner for your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment