Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Cheesy Tex-Mex Rolls

This is one of my family's favorites - even my young boys love it!  It is definitely a MUST-TRY!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. corn (I use frozen corn when I can't get fresh)
1 red pepper
1/4 c. loosely packed cilantro
1 lb. ground beef
2-4 tbsp Chipotle Seasoning (You can buy a premixed seasoning or mix your own using my **recipe in a following post)
1/4 tsp salt (optional depending on which Chipotle Seasoning you use - store bought usually has salt)
1 1/2 c. grated Cheddar and Jack cheese
6-8 flour tortillas (depending on how much filling you put in them)

Directions
Cook beef and seasonings until browned.
Add corn and diced red pepper.  Cook 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat and drain any excess grease if necessary.
Mix shredded cheeses and cilantro together.  
Add cheese mixture to beef mixture.
Spoon mixture into tortillas and roll, folding the ends in.
Place rolls onto baking sheet - I use a stoneware baking sheet that works really great!
Spray the rolls with oil or use a basting brush to coat them.
Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes (or until lightly browned and crisp.)
I always cut ours on a bias.  They are easier to eat!
Serve with ranch, sour cream, and or guacamole.
Enjoy!
Thank you to Pampered Chef for this recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment